Celebrating our 10th Anniversary! 2009-2010 was a spectacular season of concerts featuring the music and food of the countries the AYHE has visited on seven international tours!
- 3 Saturday: SAVOR Gala to benefit the Hospital Hospitality House, 7:30-10:30 pm.
- 5 Monday: Lakewood Manor Performance, 6:30-7:30 pm.
- 25 Sunday: Oktoberfest 10th Anniversary Celebration, German Music and Food Festival at Grace Baptist Church. Concert at 4:00 pm and dinner at 5:00 pm. This is a ticketed, family-friendly event.
- 29 Thursday: "Haunted Harps" concert, Children's Hospital, 6-7 pm.
- 2 Monday: Covenant Woods Retirement Home, 7:00-8:00 pm.
- 4 Wednesday: Middle Eastern Music Workshop with guest artist.
- 14 Saturday: Prelude concert for the Richmond Forum presentation of Astrophysicist Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson in "An Out of the This World Evening."
- 1 Tuesday: 10th Anniversary Celebration & Fundraiser! Ring in the season with delicious food and fabulous fellowship all for a great cause at
- Baker?s Crust, Carytown. Dine anytime between 5:00-9:00 pm, let the server know you are a supporter of the AYHE and 15% of the proceeds will be donated to the AYHE!
- 4 Friday: Holiday Celebrations Concert with the Richmond Montessori School Choir, Jefferson Hotel, 12:00 pm.
- 4 Friday: Bon Secours Party, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, 6:30-11:30 pm.
- 4-6 Fri.-Sun.: Holiday Harper's Bazaar, Grace Baptist Church. One Stop Shopping!
- 6 Sunday: Grace Baptist Church Performance, 11:00-12:00 pm.
- 6 Sunday: 10th Anniversary Celebration Holiday Concert, "Holidays Around the World," Grace Baptist Church, 2:00 pm. This will be a ticketed, family-friendly event.
- 13 Sunday: Touring Ensemble mini-holiday concert to North Carolina as guest artists on the Wake Forest Fine Arts Series, 3:00 pm.
- 16&18 Wed. & Fri.: Harp Therapy Outreach holiday concerts.
- 22 Friday: The Music of Legendary Harpist Alphonse Hasselman: A Tribute Concert in Memory of Geraldine Hasselman Hernandez, St. Bridget Catholic Church, Three Chopt road, 7:00-8:00 pm. Reception to follow.
- 5 Friday: Student Recitals
- 13 Saturday: "Celtic Heart" 10th Anniversary Celebration concert, Gayton Kirk Presbyterian Church, 7:00 pm. This is a ticketed, family friendly event.
- 17 Wednesday: Appalachian Music Workshop with guest artist.
- 17 Wednesday: St. Patrick's Day Concert, Hermitage at Cedarfield, 7:30 pm.
- 17 Wednesday: Danny Boy Project CD Release. The CD will be featured on-air all day on WCVE 88.9FM.
- 20 Saturday: Nordstrom's Department Store Performance, 1:00-2:00 pm.
- 20 Saturday: Juried Art Show Performance by Harp Therapy Outreach Students, Resources for Independent Living Center, 11:00-3:00 pm.
- 27 Saturday: Back by Popular Demand! Monument Avenue 10K Concert, 8:00-10:30 am.
- 30 Friday: "Springtime in Paris" 10th Anniversary Gala and Auction, Richmond Country Club, 5:30-9:00 pm.
- 14 Friday: Harp Therapy Ensemble, Northstar Academy Talent Show, 6:30 pm.
- 23 Sunday: Lakeside United Methodist Church Performance, 11:00-12:00 pm.
- 23 Sunday: "Spring Serenade" Annual Spring Concert at LUMC, 2:00 pm.
- 4 Friday: Student Recitals
- 9 & 11 Wed. & Fri.: Harp Therapy Outreach/Mentorship end of year concerts
- 13 Sunday: Grace Baptist Church Performance, 11:00-12:00 pm.
- 13 Sunday: 10th Anniversary World Music Showcase and Celebration Concert, 4:00 pm at GBC. This will be a ticketed, family friendly event.
- 16 Wednesday: Harp Therapy performance at GBC Talent Show.
- 30 Wednesday: Touring Ensemble performs at the U.S. Department of State on the "State of the Arts" cultural series.
© Copyright 2011 American Youth Harp Ensemble