2012 European Summer Harp Institute & Tour:
July 30-August 19, 2012
The American Youth Harp Ensemble is pleased to announce the addition of a European Summer Harp Institute and Tour to the 17th Annual Summer Harp Institutes, providing an unparalleled opportunity for musical and cultural growth! In addition to two intensive weeks of training in Richmond, VA in preparation for the tour, the experience will include a concert tour of Austria, the world capital of classical music and Prague in the Czech Republic (the land of Mozart, Beethoven, Strauss, Brahms, Smetana and Dvorak, to name a few!).Having led harp ensembles on European tours eight times over the last decade, Artistic Director Lynnelle Ediger-Kordzaia says one common thread stands out- the students who took part found these experiences to be among the most memorable and pivotal events of their education. This tour promises to be an amazing musical adventure and the perfect opportunity to take your musical and cultural understanding to a whole new level!
Click here to download the itinerary with full details as a PDF.
Because this is such an incredible opportunity, the interest in the tour has already been very strong. However, space is limited. Don't miss out!
1. Harpists must be between the ages of 14 and 21 by 7/1/12
2. Harpist must be at an intermediate or advanced level (there will be two tracks)
3. Harpists must be able to attend the Richmond Summer Harp Institute from July 30- August 10th in preparation for the tour
4. Harpists must pass a qualifying audition which includes a DVD, CD or a live performance of: (a) two solos of contrasting styles and periods and (b)one etude or orchestral excerpt.
5. Applicants must provide a reference who is familiar with their musical abilities
Limited spaces are available for harpists age 14-21 by audition only. Applications will be considered based on space availability.
Applications should be sent to:
European Summer Harp Institute and Tour
Attn: Lynnelle Ediger, Artistic Director
4200 Dover Road,
Richmond, VA 23221